Monday, June 23rd, 2014 | Author: admin
“Enjoy the bounty of Jug Handle Herb Garden”
Chives, lemon thyme, and butter turn green beans into an elegant and flavorful side dish. Both herbs can be found in the herb gardens. Chives may have a beneficial effect on the circulatory system, are a mild stimulant, diuretic, and have antiseptic properties. Thyme is loaded with nutrients, aids in digestion, and rich in antioxidants, which help protect the cells from free-radical damage.
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped lemon or lime thyme (remove leaves from stems)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped tarrago
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- Combine the butter and minced herbs.
- Steam the beans in a steamer for about 6 minutes. Or use a medium size pot of boiling water. Steam uncovered, until crisp-tender, or about 6 minutes, then drain.
- Arrange the cooked beans in a shallow serving dish. Add the herb butter, toss lightly to coat all the bean thoroughly.
*Cooks’ Tips: Herb butter can be made ahead and chilled, covered, 3 days or frozen, rolled into a cylinder in plastic wrap and kept in a sealed bag for one week. Green beams can be trimmed 1 day ahead and chilled in a sealed bag lined with paper towels.
Click here to download this recipe to save or print
For more recipes using herbs go to fullersfineherbs.com
Category: Recipes | Comments off